Monday, January 24, 2011

The venture of baby food!

Now that Christmas, New Years and all those snow storms we've had are over, we finally got around to starting Eleanore on some food. I knew once I started, I couldn't go back. I make my own food and boy is it yummy! The hard part is taking the time to get it done & using these ice cube trays. I have no plastic ones and these are bit more challenging.
The regulars are sweet potatoes, bananas, and peas. The carrots, broccoli and apples are in between. Eleanore is enjoying every bite! I am working on ripening some avocado's too and looking into the next step of what to introduce. My baby food cook book is pretty handy and a few good resources on the web. Take 'em or leave 'em but here is one and another. For you mom's out there starting up or getting ready for baby to come, it's worth the look, even in advance so you can mull over it and decide for yourself what way you'd like to start your baby out on food!
1/10/2011
Isn't she just a cutie? Love this girl!

4 comments:

Melissa Joy said...

Oooh thanks for the making baby food suggestions..It is something I am considering amongst lots of other things. Just a matter of making time to do it I suppose when the time comes... Will have to check them out. Thanks!

Walk Through This With Me said...

SUCH A CUTIE!

Lyz said...

Lexie, do you have an immersion blender (or stick blender)? Mine was so awesome for making baby food - loved it.

Lexie said...

Lyz - no, i don't have one but i use my regular one, it's a pretty nice one and it worked for C. I wouldn't have thought of using one of those though.