Thursday, January 6, 2011

A few New Year resolutions even though I think they are pointless

I don't do new year resolutions but i am going to try to put into practice a few ideas. I am a big one for starting over at the beginning of each month or each week, not necessarily each day or year. A year is way to long and a day is to short.
While we were stuck inside for to many days due to the blizzard, I was thinking of how I am going to improve my life or attempt to anyway. Here are just a few. :-}

- More family & less sewing (some to make sure I keep my sanity)
I think I just do to much for myself and not enough for my family and this needs to switch. I think I'd have a cleaner house, better schedule (lyz, I am going to try you note card method, wish me luck), less time wasted feeling overwhelmed by all this stuff that needs to get done. Jim is going to help me with this!

- Continue with Dave (more on him later)

- A 'No Spend Month' or maybe two and my inspiration is from here
I love to create and I always have new ideas in my head of things to make. So for January & beyond I have a very long list to complete and I am excited! For one I will be spending nothing on crafty stuff, staying home more, spending more time with the girls and sewing in my spare time (which isn't much). I am so excited about getting projects done that have been waiting but get pushed out of the way due to other people and my lack of 'saying No'. I'm sure some of you know how that goes. :-)

- A better prayer life and I am inspired by our great friends Paul and Krisanne
I also think this will help with my feeling of being over whelmed. And allowing myself to know I am doing the best I can with everything. But also to have a better connection with my God. To really know I have a relationship. This also includes keeping up with bible study which is usually not a problem as long as I take the time.

- Jim = fixing van & what ever else he wants to do.
For some of you, you know what it's like to stay home with your kids for days on end and then into the evening. Well I am not always the best mom at continuing into the evening with my girls and Jim after a days work gets to hang out them and put them to bed. And I do know that I work just as much as he does but he doesn't have the luxury of being at home and getting things done in between naps and quite time. So, we worked out a schedule for the evening to make sure he has time to get his stuff done. Now all we have to do is make sure we are following through. So far we are doing well and it's been about 3 weeks. And the van is getting closer to being drive able. More on this later as well.

So, I hope I can follow through with my ideas and will be praying & encouraging myself each day with positive self talk! Wish me luck and if you think of it say a prayer!

I wish you luck on your new year resolutions or ideas or goals or what ever you call them to help yourself full fill them. :-}





No comments: