Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Visiting Friends


CMW and I went on a road trip! We accomplished visiting our friends Paula and Jon and daughter C who moved near the cities in June, we helped out G. Saccoman clean out her linen closets and visited college friends Chrissy and Dustin.
Our first stop was visiting my friend Paula and her daughter C and husband Jon. We stayed a couple of days/nights and had lot of girls time and it was great fun for both of us. I certainly enjoyed visiting since they have been gone for 4 months and Paula and I did lots of stuff together, I miss her. We enjoyed going for walks and playing at the parks. We walked to the local coffee coffee shop for coffee and sweets and the next day we walked to the post office and just couldn't resist stopping for a French Soda, it was delicious and they even had Black Cherry flavor. Sweet!!! And because I love participating in 'acts of service' it was great to be able to make some good progress on stripping wall paper boarder. It's in every room of their new house and it's all coming down. So after those little ladies were in bed, we jumped in. We got the kitchen finished and small entry way and worked on a bath room. I also got to see their new house, it is so nice and roomy. It has character, old wood floors, big trip, skinny staircases, and three levels. I'm so excited for them and to make it their home asap.

I also got to visit with Paula's sister Sharla. She flew in from Idaho for a wedding and it worked out well for us to see each other. I miss her much since she moved but we stay in touch quarterly. :-) The five of us went to a nice park near South Dale Mall for lunch (Paula makes a mean chef salad, so good!) and park play. The girls enjoyed swinging and a huge teeter totter and lots of other play items.

Then on to G. Shirley, Claire and I helped with cleaning lots of linens and towels and one large vanity. It was great fun for me, I love organizing and cleaning other peoples stuff and that is just what we did. We not only cleaned but we went Shopping :-) at Arbor Lakes in Maple Grove. It's a great open mall and it's just so fun for me to window shop and see all the new crazy stuff that is available. I love to shop with Shirley and I'm pretty sure I get my good tastes from her. My aunt and uncle and cousin Hayley came to visit too. It's been some time since I've seen them and it was a good visit. Sorry no pictures from our cleaning but let me tell you, one non-profit organization was certainly thanking my G'ma for her great donations. And CMW had a great time in the tub filled with towels. I totally wished I had my camera ready but it just didn't happen.
Me, CMW & Cousin Hayley

I also made time to visit a friend from college who is expecting soon. Chrissy and her husband bought a house about a year ago or longer and I have been in need of a visit. So CMW did well visiting with Sir Wellington the cat and she didn't break any break-ables. It was a nice sweet visit, didn't get lost on the drive down or back and their house is great. They have been doing some remodeling and updating. It will look even better when it's all finished. And best of all, it keeps Mr. Dustin out of mischief. ;-)

And one last visit before heading home was with my G. G. Aunt Jeanie. I was only planning to stay for about an hour and miss CMW and I were there for three hours and it was the best visit I've had in a long time. I love this lady and she recently got married so I got to see pictures and we got caught up on family and life. I was certainly sent off with lots of love and happy endorphins to make my way back home. It was great!

So after 6 days of visiting with family, friends, working and shopping we ended up back home ready to start a new week. And even though i was wiped out, I'd do it all over again. Thanks for the hospitality from all my family and friends, you are the ones who help me make it though each day, Thank You, Thanks You!

No comments: