Sunday, February 26, 2012

A chicken rescue, really ?

The Waa's chicken rescue.  I know, icky, a chicken in our house. But she is at the bottom of the pecking order, it's cold here, and I couldn't let this go any longer. This chicken some how got icky toes that were bleeding and it's not a good situation.  So, I took charge and consulted my Veterinarian friend Lyn! 
Full force to the rescue! 

I soaked her feet in Epsom salt, we put on some triple anitbac ointment and wrapped her feet up in purple vet wrap. Jim did the 'vet' duties and I held 'Amelia' (according to CW) to prevent any 'freaking out' from happening.  She was shaking, the poor thing.  Now she's hanging out for a few days/week, she'll need another soaking and clean bandage to make sure it's healing well.  And shes lucky, we are having a snow storm and it's a bit windy, she just doesn't know how good she's got it. And I don't know how long this is going to take to heal up either. Yikes!  Or will I be able to stick her back out in the cold.    




She is sittin' pretty next to our back door, with all the accommodation a chicken would need. 

Until next time,
Lexie <>> 

No comments: