Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The Rag Quilt


One of my many projects that I have been working on is a lap size rag-quilt. It's techenically not done but it won't look much different after i sew the edges and wash it at least once.  It's my 'reduce, reuse, recycle' rag quilt. I used four old shirts of Jim and got flannel, cut into squares and started sewing, simpe and it didn't take as long as I thought it would. It's now put together to keep someone warm. I made it for the the fundraiser the youth will do at Salem EFC.  Ever since I have gone to this fundraiser I have had it on the back of my mind to add something to their silent auction and now i'm finally getting to it. It's nothing fancy but I do hope it will bring the youth some big bucks for them and if it doesn't i'll try something different for next year. 





No comments: