Now that three weeks have passed & then some
I best get out the old but new news out about our new baby girl!
Eleanore Kate is her name and she is a beauty. For me (Lexie) it was exciting to know we had another girl even though when I was told it was a girl, I was shocked. Jim response to 'It's a girl' is 'so good'! Isn't he just sweet and to the point? Our family now has a great new addition and God has given us a wonderful gift. :-)
Here's the short and sweet birth story...
Baby E entered into this world with out much difficulty on July 2nd at 8:09 am. She was 21" long and was a bit bruised, but all went away by Friday evening. We got to the hospital about 5 am and my doctor arrived about 6:30am and then 'we got the show on the road'. Even though E's delivery was pretty simple, I say 'it wasn't as efficient' as CMW's and here's why...
- Baby E weighed in at 7 lbs. 14 oz. A whole pound bigger then her big sister.
- Her head was positioned a bit different, making her passing a bit more difficult
- At the hospital I was dilated to 7 cm and with CMW, I was 9 cm going on 10cm.
- And for the life of me, I could not figure out how to use the 'correct pushing muscles' but all the same, delivery was short & sweet. Contractions were minimal. (My labor and delivery nurse commented "if all of my deliveries were like yours, i'd pray differently each morning". Let's just say, she was quite impressed with my labor.)
- But after the Dr. broke my water with both girls, they were here for us to hold about 30 minutes later
So there's the short and simple story to E's arrival into this world. Like I said, it wasn't as efficient but would do it all over again.
We are all enjoying baby E and for me, it has been so much more fun! I am not stressed out and I actually enjoy the small new baby phase, I'm getting plenty of rest thanks to the girls sleeping during the afternoon at the same time and bit sister C is transitioning well too. I'd say this 'second time around' isn't to bad! Big sister C is enjoying Baby E too and this new baby isn't cutting into her schedule either!
A tid-bit on how did we pick her name. We came upon the name Eleanore and decided we liked it and Kate is my middle name and I thought the two names went well together. And I was so excited to be able to use it!
A quick update! Baby E is growing, her 2 week appointment, no, make that her 3 week appointment was 7/26/12010. She weighs 9 lbs. 12 oz. and grew almost an inch. Dr. H says she is doing well and nursing must be going well too! I agreed! I think she might be making the turn from 2 feedings to 1 feeding, meaning i'll get even more sleep! She is such a good baby and we love her to pieces. Even the evenings are going well!
So, there you have it, all the happening events of Miss E and more to come! :-)
Look for pictures in the future, our home computer 'bit the dust' and I have none to show as of now. Wish us luck, we have a lot of stuff we want off of it.