Monday, November 2, 2009

Weekend Festivities

Our Halloween weekend was wonderful with nice, warm weather. :-)
I was able to get out by myself to a local craft fair and boy were those ladies pushy. Not the way to get me to buy so I was in luck and saved my money. :-) I was also able to catch up on the chicken 'cares' too. They are growing like weeds and are much more adventerous. CMW likes them too and they are not as afraid of her either. So after a day of miscellaneous stuff, like carving pumpkins, sewing and spending time with CMW Jim talked me into trick or treating in the 'neighborhood'.

CMW in her ladybug costume. I also made her a tutu
but decided it was to chilly to wear that gid-up.

Lets just say it took us 2 hours to get to 5 houses. Our neighbors love trick or treaters and there isn't any kids out in our area anymore, so they were so excited to see our CMW. We even got about 10 new kid books. Now this is what I call quality trick or treating!

I use a glove to clean out the pumpkin because the pumpkin guts
burn my skin and CMW had to try it out too.
Just checkin' out what's between the teeth of our pumpkin.
Pointing, what's inside?
And this was totally caught by accident... not sure why she thought she needed to kiss the pumpkin but she did.

Sunday I was your happy greeter at church and saw a friend from college and we used to room together. Haven't seen them since Halloween 2006 but i'm glad they are back in town. They are church shopping and they have two super cute kids, their newest addition was just added 6 wks ago. So besides starting my day off with a bang, the sun was out and the leaves were calling our names. I guess I should say, Jim started it all. Him and CMW went out and raked up the nice crisp, crunchy leaves and then we started jumpin' in. I also soaked up the last bit of sun before winter really comes and the sun really disappears from this area of the US. It's also not a weekend if i didn't get some sewing projects started or finished. And since i'm only home for 3 nights a week i was catching up on laundry and house work that just doesn't get done by it's self.


It was a nice weekend to be home and whatever you did this holiday weekend, we hope you had a nice, eventful weekend as well.

2 comments:

Megan said...

super sweet, I am glad that you had such a good weekend.

Krisanne said...

Lexie, I sure miss you... Claire's costume is adorable - did you make it? She is super cute. And the leaves look like SOOO much fun, can I come over and play, too? I didn't realize how much I would miss the fall. All these pumpkins, leaves, etc. that I see on pictures makes me long for that crisp fall weather, and all the special days and activities that come with it. Love you!