Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Yes, Easter, a long time ago


hunting for eggs with dad...

and she found one!


gum was one of the treats & yes, like her mom at this age,
she likes to chew gum and 90%
of the time throws it away in the trash when done, how sweet.

dying eggs, she did a pretty good job

all smiles :-)

Yes, Easter has passed a good month plus but since I dropped off from posting I am now getting back to writing about some of the events at this house. Easter was one weekend we certainly enjoyed out of the busy month of April! We stayed in Prosper partly due to the events at our church on Good Friday & Easter Sunday; a continued drama of the Life of Christ. And partly due to just needing to stay home knowing we'll relax and no one else is looking for a gathering of sorts.
Besides church, I brought out the 'commercial' side of Easter with an egg hunt & egg dying. This is what I always did on Easter, dye eggs at the g'parents & it's something fun that I would like to pass on... something fun to do with the whole family. I even tried with our brown eggs and it worked just fine! As you can tell, I was totally up on the fashion for the day, along with CMW up on her fashion during the egg hunt. Yes, sometimes girls will wear what they want to wear.

And to go along with our weekend, we did have one small mishap and it in tales glitter glue!! As one must be thinking 'they must must not have been watching miss C as close as they could.' Well, your right! She came downstairs rubbing her hands like she had a ton of lotion but it wasn't lotion, it was glitter glue, yes pink glitter glue all over her hands and she was enjoying this! Then I found the rest of the bottle empty, yep along with it sticking to C's cloths, feet, the floor, comforter, wall & mirror. So, what did I do? I did my craft project with the glue all over the floor, Jim cleaned up CMW & had a small talk about how this was not good. Then after my small project was done, I cleaned up the floor, mirror & wall and threw that comforter in the wash. A mishap that was pretty simply to take care of. :-)

No comments: